BETHANY Christian School (BSC) emerged as the overall champion in “Knowledge Challenge,” the recent inter-school quiz bee series at Banilad Town Centre (BTC).
It earned the distinction for having having the most number of teams that became champion among the 8 levels of the contest, disclosed the organizers.
All the eight teams that Bethany entered into the contest from Grade 3 to 4th year during the elimination rounds last Oct. 9 and 16 got into the final round last Oct. 30, 2010.
Five of them — the Grade 5 team and all the four high school teams — eventually became winners in their respective levels.
St. Theresa’s College (STC) came is second with two winning teams, its entries in the Grade 4 and Grade 6 levels.
Colegio dela Inmaculada Concepcion (CIC) – Mandaue came in third as its Grade 3 team emerged champion in its level.
Eleven schools participated in the series and entered various teams that tackled the eliminations for Elementary on Oct. 9 and secondary level by Oct. 16.
Each team had three member-students. The champions among them are:
- Grade 3 (CIC-Mandaue) – Franchesca Louise Naling, Philippe Anthony Alfafara and Lauren Gabrielle Mariscal;
- Grade 4 (STC) – Samantha Taguibao, Katrina Marie Arbon and Louise Angeli Baricuatro;
- Grade 5 (Bethany) – Rene Edward Irizari, Jardine Peace Tan Sy and Trisha Lauren;
- Grade 6 (STC) – Kaye Bernice Barriga, Rebekah Louise Rosito and Patricia Mae Castillo;
- 1st Year (Bethany) – Chloe Go, Justin Uyheng and Erinne Yap;
- 2nd year (Bethany) – Christina Uy, Joanna Sinco and Jenette Yu;
- 3rd year (Bethany) – Joshua Uyheng, Sally Gaw and Jessamy Yap; and
- 4th year (Bethany) – Jamila Uy, Jed Sinco and Claeissa Mathan.
– 30 –
QUIZ CHAMPIONS. The five winning teams of Bethany Christian School are shown with their mentors as they received their trophy as Overall Champion in Knowledge Challenge at Banilad Town Centre (BTC) beating 10 other schools in the quiz series last month. With them are BTC marketing director Cerwin T. Eviota (extreme left) and Carlo J. Reyes (extreme right) of InterMed, makers of Memorx and Cherifer, the event sponsor.